Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The next day after exams

hmm... well, although I did mention tat "there's no way I'm gonna put pics of my life" in my 2nd last post, I did promise karyn that I'd post this, so I guess I'd have to take back what I said... ^^;

actually, I was going to blog about my life in that sense, but it was more that I like to talk about movies, so I'd give comments & I'd get to put some nice pics at the same time XD but I forgot to mention movie pics, it slipped my mind... ^^;

we did see a movie, but I'll blog about it in the next post...

so, what happened was basically immediately after exams, on wed (exams finished on tue), karyn & I planned to go out together *btw, she said tat only ppl with no life wldn't go out on the day after exams ;-P)but we both went on9 until 2 am, so normally at this point, you'd expect ppl to wake up late & all that, rite?

wrong! XP she had to come early to my house that morning due to transport issues, & the time she came was at 7.15 am. The things young ppl do these days... ^^; but honestly, it's the 1st time any of my friends ever came to my house so early, but since she had a reason for it, I still consider her normal, but actually, I really wouldn't mind anyone coming early cos then it means that we spend longer time together, or have more fun together haha.

anyway, our plan was basically quite relaxed, cos most young ppl don't plan much normally lol XP we basically planned to see the movie "enchanted" & stay in the bookshop to read. but normal ppl won't go together to a bookshop to read, but we wanted to try it out... ;-D cos it's good to be different from other ppl, but not in a bad way of cos... ;-P

anyway, things didn't really go as planned, but we did see the movie... I'll comment about it in my next post... we didn't really get to read in the bookshop which is too bad, but we still had fun otherwise... rather, you could say more fun than reading in a bookshop together...

btw, I forgot to mention tat we went midvalley, so the bookshop was mph... before seeing the movie, cos we had enough time, we went to pets wonderland cos I wanted to, & besides the animals are cute~ ^^

some pics will show wat it is tat we saw...

the 1st things we saw were the cats









fishies! XP






argh~ so gosh-darn cute! XD






aww, isn't tat cute? they look like they're kissing~ ^^;



I dunno why, but I like to see this pic. I guess seeing them all huddled & squished together is cute... ^^;




I put nearly all the pics cos I cldn't resist ^^; well, ppl shldn't mind cos it's cute anyway ;-P

also, cos I like those things like horoscopes & fortunes & so on, we saw a machine & I wanted to try it out. but the stupid thing wouldn't work! to be accurate, what happened was it didn't accept my money (it only accepted 20 cents coins), so yeah, it's their loss...





then, we saw another machine!




the one tat didn't work juz now was one tat supposedly reads ur palms, & it's a machine tat I saw since I was young & alwiz wanted to try it out, but never managed to... the 2nd machine though, I haven't seen before...

it's a machine that tells ur luck based on ur horoscope... so, we decided to try it out... & I kinda remembered tat karyn is the same star as me, cos ur bdays were quite close, so tat's another funny coincidence... & so we managed to save a little bit of money tat day ;-P

well, the 1st thing it wrote was "your lucky day is wednesday" & I found tat highly amusing because that day was wednesday! not that I believed in it, in a way, I was kinda sceptical in the sense tat I was wondering whether it said the same day for all stars or not, but I doubt it... ;-P

well, after tat, we barely made it in time for the show, & after the show, we decided to do what we originally planned for the day which was to read in mph. but, to read, first you'd have to take a book 1st. so, u could say that we spent most of our time looking for a book to read rather than reading the book itself ;-P

actually, I felt that we kinda lost sight of our objective cos we were too busy having fun XP & we basically went around the whole bookshop a few times looking at all the books... & I found out about the more popular or famous stories which I wouldn't have known otherwise cos I'm not interested in the 1st place...

also, while browsing, it did occur my mind (& it made me sigh ^^;) that if I wanted to read a happy gay (as in homosexual ;-P) story, I don't think I would find one available... ;-( but I guess it can't be helped, so I should be satisfied with my comics ;-)

but we did come across sth funny, although actually I didn't notice it, karyn did... but it made us laugh a lot, although you may now wonder at our sense of humour ^^;





I hope you noticed what was different & slightly odd in this picture...



but if you don't, the "chick-lit" is supposed to be spelt as "chic lit" ;-P

how insulting~ ^^;

anyway, I don't want to rant, so to cut this story shorter (since it's quite long already), we didn't do anything particular after that... & so we decided to go home.

cos there was sth else we planned to do that day... & that was to make a cake! XD
because we had enough time & I thought she'd like the idea that she'd get to eat the cake that she baked (as well as the fact that I do have the equipment & ingredients available), so that's basically what happened...

instead of going into elaborate detail, I'll juz show u the pics of the general process... ;-D

1st part: ingredients



this is floor that is sieved... you have to sieve the flour, or else you get a lumpy cake ^^;



we were making coffeecake, so the coffee is mixed in with the floor (it's sieved too)



haha, this is what bored ppl do, or rather beginners... I mentioned that she didn't have enough space for an "a" but she wouldn't listen... XP



next, you have to separate the egg yolk from the egg white, because you have to beat the egg white... this is mine



& this is karyn's... lol XP well, it's reasonable bcos she's a beginner... plus, the fact that that stupid holder is so lousy cos after that I kept on breaking it too T_T;



this is what the egg white looks like when it's being beaten lol ;-D



ooh, all fluffy~ XD



yeah, we had to add brown sugar to the egg white


2nd part: making the cake itself




this is the amount of butter in the cake... which normally applies to most cakes, so you shouldn't be eating cakes for a while after seeing this, but you may also forget this fact when you taste or see a cake XP



not only tat, we have to add sugar!!! truly cakes are frightening, the amount of calories & sugar &... well, there are a lot of unhealthy things that humans consume... only those who make it would probably know just how harmful it is ;-P



this is how we put the sugar in... ;-D



& this is the machine tat makes life so much easier as well as more effiicient XD it's also fun to see the process of mixing lol XP



after sugar, you add egg...



& milk...


for the purpose of not grossing ppl out by certain graphics, we did not take pics of what the cake mixture looks like after the egg & milk has been added haha ;-P





after adding the egg & milk, we took it out of the machine & put it into a separate container, cos supposedly it'll be better to mix the floor manually... so this pic is after the floor has been mixed, which is the last stage...



then, the mixture is put into a pan...



& put into the oven! XD



voila! a cake is made~ ^__^


now tat wasn't so hard, was it? ;-P


so yeah, tat was basically wat happened in tat day, which felt quite long to me, to be honest... ;-) which shows how much things you can do in a day, but if you don't bother to remember it, or write it down, it will eventually be forgotten ^^;

so, I'm encouraging u to write!!! XP but, I'm tired, so I'm gonna go~ ^^;

btw, I can't wait to write my next post, but it may not be appopriate considering the fact tat it'd probably be about christmas, but it'll be posted after christmas is over ^^;

ah well, I'm too slow to post before christmas, so it can't be helped~ ;-P

btw, I'll be going genting for christmas~ my 1st time haha ;-)

so, I'll say this in advance: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! XD

hope u get lots of presents~ ^^

5 comments:

LadyVanity said...

haha wow been awhile since i logged onto ur blog.... yay long post ^^ many many pics too....
oi blog more often laaaah... =P *hug*

The Hitch said...

You aint gay
and most "gay" people aren't happy.
A fantasy best kept just as that,
A FANTASY.

The Hitch said...

Im back, and your sis is reading this and about to post (+:
Hope you are having a nice evening
N

Anonymous said...

Your pics are really really really good, Enya. Better than mine! Looks like you'll make a really good blogger; this post could teach people how to bake a cake! :-) Step by step, just like a 'how to' book ...hehehehhe....

P.S. Have to say it again. Coooool pics... none of mine are like that! :-D *taken with the hp cam?*

minasete said...

wow~ ^__^ didn't expect so many comments ^^;

urm, thanx a lot...

@ the hitch: I know I'm not gay ;-P but yeah, my friend commented that there most probably wouldn't be gay stories, & if there are, they wouldn't be happy ones ^^;

@ anonymous: hehe thanx XD actually, my fren took the pics, not me ^^; but yeah, it was with my hp, so the pics should be better quality...
& sadly, I blog too slowly... T_T; even for this post, I took quite a long time before I finished the whole thing ^^;