Saturday, September 8, 2007

Public holidays & Sundays

Normally, ppl would obviously be happy when it’s a public holiday, cos then they’ll be like, “Yay, can sleep, can rest, can go out” & so on. Nobody would have to work or study on that day, except for those who willingly do it, & those who are probably working in certain jobs like restaurants, shopping malls, cinemas, & hospitals etc.

The thing is, I dun really like public holidays. Of course, I’d prefer a public holiday to a normal weekday, but to me, a public holiday is just like a Sunday, except for the fact that I dun need to go to church. To be honest, I dun wanna go to church, but my parents won’t let me not go, so I go not of my own free will. T_T;

So, to be honest, although since I was young, my least favourite day would be Monday, which is a least favourite day for most normal ppl, I think my least favourite day would be Sunday, which would be for around the same reasons that I dun like public holidays as much as I would have liked to.

Can you guess why?

This may make it seem like my life kinda revolves around this, which is half-true, but I dun wanna think of it that way. It all goes back to my father. Sometimes, I even wonder whether I count as someone that has been traumatized before, but most of the time, I just dismiss it as me being crazy as usual. ^^;

Since I was young, Sunday was a day where I’ll feel horribly trapped at home, even though we went to church & all. It’s like, if I dun study, I’ll get scolded, so I have to study. But, I really don’t want to study, so sometimes I tend to not focus on what I’m studying because I’m so reluctant to study. T_T;

Other than that, I guess Sunday was still ok for me other than the fact that I’m not free to do what I like… now, there’s not much difference, but I’m quite used to it, & it’s true that I do need to use that time to study.

Anyway, this is my 2nd post where I wrote sth a little more unpleasant which involves my father, so I dun think I’ll be writing these kinda things for a while. That’s also bcos I feel like I’m showing my ugly, dark side, which may not be a good first impression, since these are still my first few posts… --"

But, it's true that I still feel depressed on Sundays normally, but that may be for a different reason... if you really wanna know, you might have to ask me personally, but it'll be hard for me to say it out... most ppl have no idea why though... ;-S


Hopefully, I’ll start thinking of more cheerful things to blog, but I dun think I’ll be able to blog for some time cos of studies, unless I have a death wish or sth… ^^;

No comments: