Thursday, February 26, 2009

Harbin - aquarium & snow festival

It's been a long time since I bloggged. I was procrastinating cos I find it very tedious to upload pics, & also because I haven't had much chance at all in April to go online, I've juz been busy concentrating on my studies T_T now I don't have much time still, but more like I'm going to be having study break in may, so I can go on9 more (hopefully) & try to study at the same time ^^;

The main attraction was the snow & ice festival, so that's my focus for this post (well, the snow sculptures, that is). Of course, we did other things too, since we only saw the festival for quite a short while (a few hours). Like going to see the aquarium ;-)






There were 2 shows, the sea lion & the beluga whale. We didn't get to see the sea lion show, but we managed to see the latter. They're quite unique actually ^_^ & that pose is the main highlight of the show too lol the pose makes ppl go "awww~" XD the person on the left is a girl, & on the right is a guy. So I found it amusing that the guy has to kiss the whale too! ;-D hehehehe

Anyway, here're the snow sculptures pics~ (lots of pics for this post) ^__^





this reminded me of a fairytale I read about some giant's children, & the boy who fooled the giants by squeezing water out of cheese which they thought was a stone.





cos it's the year of the ox, I'm quite sure there were more sculptures, but I didn't bother to put take picture of it, cos I don't really like oxes ^^;









the title is "Time Standing Still" ;-)











azlan!!! XD XD





a bunny using a laptop!!! XDD







when I saw the pig, I was like, "wth?!?" lol







hahaha I took picture of it cos it obviously broke, so sad ;-P



I liked that kinda sculpture, so my sis helped me take a back & front view... actually she took 4 angles lol but I'm not gonna show the other 2 sides, I don't think people will be interested ^^;













I thought the title "dream" was stupid for this sculpture, but then again, I don't like this sculpture anyway ^^;











I found it funny to see that thing taking food from the pumpkin or whatever it is like that ^_^


& lastly, my fav sculpture (& the most good-looking one too lol)



I found it so nice that I came back & took another picture (actually a few more) later haha ^^;



he reminds me of the prince caspian kinda look lol

anyway, I'm tired, so I'll stop here. I'll continue the ice festival pics in my next post ^^;

No comments: