Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vatican

exam finished (again). I still haven't finished my thesis yet ARGH. & I got sick AGAIN. did I mention that I fell sick after coming back from Italy? by sick I mean fever mainly, but also flu.

anyway, I'm finally posting pics from my holiday. I think it's not so good if I post too many pics at one go, but eventually this blog will be hard to load if I keep on posting pics, so yeah, you'll still have a problem next time ^^;

& please don't ask me what this statue is or that picture is, cos most probably I wouldn't know ;-( please forgive me for my ignorance & stupidity. cos I kinda forgot everything. so unless I explain something, most likely I took the picture for aesthetic reasons

so, just enjoy the pics lol

we arrived in Rome quite early, like 8 something in the morning. then, we drove to Vatican

so these pics are just for Vatican (my next posts will be a continuation of the 1st day)


u're probably wondering why I'm posting this picture. it was the 1st thing our tour guide showed us. it's not very clear, but it's meant for ppl to drink from. but the interesting thing was, to avoid drinking from a dirty place (because the part where the water gushed out was also licked by animals), they had a hole where u REALLY drink the water from hahaha

like I said, it's not clear T_T but you're supposed to put your finger up it, & there's this tiny hole at the top where water will gush out... am I making any sense here? ^^;


if not, forget about it. now, for pictures in the church itself...




I think I took this picture obviously for the sculpture, so don't mind those people standing in the picture, I don't know them


I think this is the main part of the church




supposedly jesus in mary's arms. I don't think this happened in the bible, did it? nice statue anyway



er, I suddenly realised, when I said mary, I didn't mean mary magdalene or any other mary. I meant mary, the mother of jesus (or virgin mary, whichever you prefer) T_T I hope nobody misunderstood me


I like this kinda ceiling, but it's a bit dark, so you can't see very clearly ;-(



one of the small carvings on the walls that I zoomed in to take a pic of. quite a number of these around the columns. I guess this shows how meticulous they are (although lots of great architecture has lots of intricate carvings too)

I guess what fascinates me are the carvings & sculptures of people


one side of the church. quite a number of sides. & the lighting wasn't too good. so that's why my pics are kinda dark ;-(


if you're wondering why there's 2 pictures of practically the same thing, it's because I'm lousy at taking pictures & for you admire the wall for the picture above this one. & ignore that blur person on the right side of the pic. stupid git had to walk in front of me when I was taking picture

can you see? it's a pic of jesus being beaten by the crowd

I like sculptures generally, so I took a picture of one. but this sculpture is not my favourite. just saying


did I mention that we were there on a Sunday? which means that there was a congregation on that day. I don't remember much going on though lol




another ceiling. this is a brighter pic XD


this is not my favourite either. that young boy is cute though. or is he an angel?


as you could see from the pics above, quite a number of these paintings around. the ppl prayed at the paintings there, & since the paintings portrayed different things, I think they prayed at different places for different reasons, but maybe I'm wrong, so don't bash me.



could only take this kinda picture when we came outside the church. nice view XD



I know it's mean, but I found them amusing, so I took a pic of them. their clothes are so funny!


what the church looked like from the outside


you know that pic above with a wide view of the square (the one I said nice view)? well, this fountain is somewhere at the right in that pic above


lastly, before we left, it just so happened that the pope was coming out! *excited* I could hardly see for all the people crowding in front of me, but I took a snapshot before he came out by reaching high up with my hand as high as possible & clicking the camera.

nothing much happened actually. a lotta cars came out, & nobody knew which one the pope was lol that was so funny





just one more pic of the church. it looks just like a palace XD






see you in the next post! next up, Rome~

2 comments:

me said...

your pics are really nice! am refreshed. i like the lighting - am afraid that most of mine were taken under wrong settings, and came out orange - yours are really clear :-)
lol, i like the mary joke. goodnight! xx

minasete said...

lol out of the many pics I had, I chose the few better ones ;-)

but a lot of my pics are pretty dark, so I cldn't see much, so mayb orange might be better ^^;