Thursday, February 25, 2010

CNY dinners

I'm back!!! I came back on monday, the same day my results come out. At least I enjoyed my holiday before the so-called day of judgment.

I failed the same paper again (2nd time). So far I've only failed 2 papers, finally passed the third attempt for the 1st paper, now hopefully I'll pass this paper on my third attempt too.

the other 2 papers I took were borderline passes. 52 & 50 (passing mark is 50)!!!! it's a miracle, that's what it is. I'm very grateful & thankful for even passing.

I forgot that to mention that I was also going to Austria, not just Italy. So my trip was for 7 days, 3 days in Italy, 4 days in Austria. Went to the Vatican, Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice. VENICE ^____^ it was AWESOME XD I'll blog about it, don't worry ;-) then also went to Innsbruck, Salzburg & Vienna. The snow capped mountains were very beautiful ;-)

I meant to do this before leaving, but was too lazy, so I figured there's no harm in being a little slow (or outdated). Because nobody expects me to be fast anyway ;-)

So, for those who don't know what chinese new year dinners are like, or rather, the kind of CNY dinners I eat (with relatives), I thought I'd just put up a pic ;-)

actually, the traditional CNY dinner would be dumplings, & I posted up a pic last time when I was in China, if you forgot what it looks like, it's here

I forgot to take a pic of the yee sang! but there's pictures of it online anyway. I hope this person doesn't mind me taking the pic, but I doubt it.


if I took this pic myself, it probably wouldn't look as good T_T


actually, the only reason why I wanted to blog about it was to post this pic (& talk about it of course hehe):



it's what I've been eating for years. At least, since I was about 8 years old. It's Roasted Suckling Pig. Piglet's skin. Probably people who're not used to this would find it gross lol. I loved this when I first ate it. That lasted for about 5 years before I started getting sick of it haha.

But just because I'm sick of it doesn't mean other people are sick of it ;-( so I still have to eat it, but I just eat one piece or two. Cause it's oily. That's partly what makes me feel so sick. Also cause it tends to have a lot of fat on it. Otherwise it's just crispy skin. Think of it as similar to crispy chicken skin from McD or KFC.

I normally don't talk about food, & I find it strange, so I'll stop now.


PS: dunno why my pic for the previous post doesn't work (as in, it can't be seen), but it's too much bother for me to do sth about it, cos I keep on getting an error, so it's surprising that that post could even be published T_T probably some ppl might prefer that post the way it is, without the picture lol

No comments: