Friday, January 1, 2010

Random thoughts in Kuching

Happy new year!


yes, I'm back. was back a week ago, but now only posting this haha well, I was busy. Next week classes & my thesis will start, so I'll be as busy as ever again T_T the hols passed by so fast, but this time my exams ended a bit later than usual, so I think that's why I had less days of hol.

Anyway, on to the random stuff.


I can't understand why the rooster keeps on crowing all the time. I mean, really, I wake up, I hear the crow. Before I sleep, which could be like, 12 am, I heard the crow wth?!? It seems to crow all the time. Not that I mind, but it does feel like there's sth wrong with the rooster somehow.

It's not so hot this time. Keeps on raining though. I wonder whether hot & dry or cool & wet is worse, cos I dislike hot & wet. But at the moment, I prefer the weather now, I think.

One of the days when we were shopping at night (near closing time for the shopping center), the escalator going up stopped moving whereas the escalator going down was still moving. My mum laughed & commented that it's to deter/discourage people from going up & encourage people to go down (& go out) lol

We ate "imperial duck" for one of our meals. A very grand name for a duck. I couldn't help wondering whether the duck was of royal family or something. & yes, I do know what imperial means. It's just that you wouldn't expect a duck to be called imperial, but I guess it's fine too.

The people here seem to be nicer, even on the road. But like everywhere else, there will always be lousy drivers around. When I say nicer, I mean that they hardly hon at anyone, so it feels like nobody really minds if you were a bit inconvenient to other people & vice versa. Also they ALWAYS use their left & right signals. I was so surprised to see it, cos at home, it's not so common to see people always using their signals, which is actually what you're supposed to do in the 1st place.

A CHILD STOLE FROM ME. NO WAY I'M GONNA LET IT SLIDE.

My gums got swollen. I haven't had it in a long time. I don't even know why I'm having it. Why? Why?!?

BUTTER CHICKEN *____*

Downloads are slow at night ;-(

MY GLASSES BROKE WTH T_____T & I didn't think about bringing spare haih

The journey on the plane was very rocky when going back. As though we were being jostled left & right by the clouds. Probably they were just pissed when we went through them.

At home, it is so hot T__T I realised that I was never hot at Kuching in the house, just outside in the sun. But here, there's some sorta heat that lingers even in the house.

Oh, there was a place that didn't allow photographs (these days, more & more shops are like that). Which was fine, just that I was pissed that they caught me taking pictures, & the only reason that they caught me taking the pic is bcos somehow my hand was very shaky that day & I kept on taking a blur pic, so it was my 3rd attempt to take the same pic when they noticed me & gave a warning. So, out of spite, I'm putting it here (a blur pic haih)


it looks like an oil lamp. those are the kind of things I like to look at. but I wldn't buy it.


If you go to Kuching, you should definitely recognise this building because of its colours ;-D which reminds me, I saw Avatar. Well, actually I saw more shows than that, but that's another matter.


just found it amusing when I saw it.



Some stuff bought in Kuching:



I dunno y, but when I saw it, I said "anteater" without thinking



A park. Quite scenic.


The dog that guards the door that leads to the lost city. (Just kidding. Not the part about the guarding dog though)

No comments: