Monday, October 12, 2009

Vertically Challenged

For those of you who don't know, I'm quite short. I'm just a bit above 5 feet (152 cm). Actually, I'm sure I'm not as short as many other people cos I seem to be a bit below average for an Asian girl at this age (average for me is supposedly around 5 feet 3 inches or 157cm).

But I was remembering how I wanted to grow taller when I was a child (every child seems to want that though lol). & I remember how many times I cried because I wasn't tall enough (it sounds stupid when I say it somehow).

If you're wondering why I cried, it's actually because I didn't grow up fast enough, & at the age when kids wanted to play this, & ride that, I was unable to because I didn't meet the bloody height requirement. & I remember looking up at the stupid requirement & think "I must definitely be that tall". Which happened to be 5 feet, so that's what I aimed for, & got lol

I think probably after that was when this height issue ceased to be so important, & I hardly think about it anymore now. What I'm occupied with (which most women would be occupied with) is my weight & fat, & I wish that one day I wouldn't have to bother with all these things, but I'm not sure whether that day would ever come.

Actually I wanted to write about all the times I sort of suffered (if you could it that) for being short. So that other people would know how short people feel like. But I can't really think of anything to say, except that I did get teased quite a lot for being short. & you can't stop people from being teased, it'll happen all the time. So that's too bad.

But if someone could see from a short person's point of view, that'd be great. But I doubt anyone could see anything from my post ^^;

2 comments:

sparrow said...

The thing about being short is when everyone keeps catching the ball over your head and you're always the 'monkey'.

Got a vid you might like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHuzRuFQFo0

minasete said...

oh yeah, I've been 'monkey' quite a number of times ;-( thanks for the example ;-)

I just remembered incidents of trying to reach for something a taller person purposely lifts above my head just to bully me T__T

thanks for the video ;-D I recommend bo burnham ^__^