Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kuching, Sarawak

It was my 1st time to ever set foot in East Malaysia lol ;-D

It felt like a small town (it is, I think), & I think it's obviously more quiet & peaceful there than here.

It was horribly hot for me though >_> It felt like it couldn't get any hotter than that, but I know that's not true, & there are much hotter places around, but really, it's like the sun was beating down on us T_T only during the afternoons though, it's quite cool during the nights & mornings (nice breeze ^__^).

It seems there's only kolo mee there most of the time, & hardly much else ^^; But that's regarding food. Although it's recommended for people trying to diet, especially for fussy people like me, because there's nothing much to eat (as in, the variety), & because you'd rather not eat sometimes ;-P

Regarding other things, there's probably not much else too lol no nightlife, everyone sleeps early, but then, so do I, so it's not really a problem... not as early as when the shops close, which were like, 8??? But I'm the kind of person who'd be happy at home with a book or a computer (preferably online, but not necessary), so of course I didn't mind the fact that there was no nightlife ;-)

Oh, if you go there, you'd notice that there are A LOT of cafes around (but actually, they're just coffee shops like the ones here). I only can remember Friendship Cafe & Palm Cafe, cos Palm cafe was the nearest to where we stayed, & we ate there twice, & friendship cafe because it reminded me of the Friendster cafe in Sunway Pyramid, which I always thought was such a stupid name that obviously lacks creativity since it only opened way after friendster.com itself. There was one called Thompson's Corner (didn't end with cafe at least, but it was another coffee shop). I liked the way his display looked cos it looked like it was comic sans lol oh! there was tarot cafe there too XDD always quite a lotta people whenever we passed it. For those who don't know, there's a comic series called The Tarot Cafe which I <3 ^__^



no, it's not a jet plane, it's a boat lol



the boats used for the race (not the one just now, that was probably just for display)



how the riverside looks ^__^



one of the most beautiful buildings in, I don't remember, Asia? I think it's a government building of some sort, excuse me for forgetting these trivial details ;-P

No comments: