Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cold feet

Lately, I mentioned "cold feet" regarding sitting for an exam, & then it got me thinking. I'm the kind of person who has cold feet. Literally. Not all the time, of course, but when the room or place is cold, my feet are one of the 1st things to feel cold. Feel cold as in when someone touches it it feels cold, not that I feel cold where my feet are concerned.

& I was thinking that I don't know anyone who has cold feet (literally) either, except my father. Which is why long ago I came to the conclusion that it was hereditary. My mum doesn't have cold feet, her feet are always nice & warm, & she likes my cold feet lol. I guess my parents pair up well in that aspect too hehe XD

I hope that wasn't considered something private, because I obviously didn't think of it that way T_T But sometimes I mention private things that shouldn't have been mentioned, but then so do others unto me, so I suppose it is a common mistake & can't be helped.

Although my feet are generally cold, I do not get cold feet otherwise. But I was thinking that whoever who made up that phrase must be someone who gets cold feet when they're scared of doing something, so that's how this phrase came about. It's probably a very common symptom just like sweaty hands (which I don't experience either).

Just another random thought ;-) albeit a strange thought o_O; lol jk ;-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyaaaaaa!! xD
Hi Mina senpai :D
hahaha, nice post, well, it was the 1st time I heard about cool feet, what a intriguing issue, have you ever make a a scientific research abt it?

I almost never had cool feet, but I always have cool ear xD, and I've ever felt a frustration when they get warm xD

that's is very subjective. ^^